Thursday, January 20, 2011

Look up and see.: Look up and see.: Look Up

Look up and see.: Look up and see.: Look Up: "Look up and see.: Look Up: 'Look up, look up and see. I see everything - Nothing occurs without My hand and My Word - I urge you to look up..."


Too many of us spend major amounts of time looking down, seeing the worst side of things, feeding negativity rather than trying to uplift not only ourselves but others. The good news is that we can change our outlooks instantaneously! All we have to do is turn negative thoughts on their heads. On my way to work in the morning, instead of thinking about how badly I'd been treated at home or at work, I stop momentarily, then say aloud the exact opposite of my last negative thought. Here's an example : "My boss is such a jerk, he never appreciates anything I do." Stop - then say, "My boss is the best, he loves everything I do." Or - "I am so angry at being put upon at home; I am being taken for granted." vs "I'm happy to be able to work as hard as I do, I'm appreciated by my husband and family." Don't worry that you think the latter thought may be an exaggeration, chances are the former ones are, too. Try it, you'll feel lifted up immediately.
This technique is not a permanent fix, however. Since negativity can be so ingrained, it will take practice to overcome. You'll have to remind yourself to do it constantly, at first, but, after a few weeks, it will become second nature to stop negative thoughts, turn them upside down, and make them positive. The physiologic effects alone make it something you will enjoy. The lasting psychological benefits will, in the long term, reward you beyond measure. Sociologically, your positivity will endow the psyches of your family and co-workers with the light you radiate. Without exaggeration, changing your own thoughts from negative to positive can change the world for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment